- Processing applications for student passes, special passes, work permits for both expatriates and volunteer/NGO workers.
- Process citizenship applications as well as certificates of residence
- Consultations in respect of the appropriate visa or permit type and respective requirements
- Coordination of translation and certification of documents by third parties
- Processing E-Visa and physical applications
- Monitoring of immigration related application processes and fast tracking timely completion
- Organize national and regional immigration conferences
- Representation of clients before authorities before the authorities as far as legally permissible
NGO SUPPORT SERVICES
The NGO support services from AFIAS start right away from registration, to setting up, to fundraising and capacity building. The NGO support services at AFIAS seek to realize a strong CSO sector that sustainably supports vulnerable communities to achieve development.
Our NGO support services include
- Registration support services of indigenous, international NGOs in Uganda. Mainly AFIAS handles all the registration processes with close liaison with the client to ensure that the process is handled expeditiously.
- Coordination and facilitating international volunteer placements to local NGOs
- Capacity building of NGOs in legal requirements, Governance, Organizational and financial management, Networking
- Assessment on donor funding readiness –Are you funding ready?
AFIAS carries out donor funding assessment evaluations to ascertain how ready subscribing organizations are to attract donors. This assessment covers several areas like financial capacity, project/program management, Governance aspects as well as compliance to the NGO laws and regulation
- Provide subscribing NGOs tailor made domestic and international funding opportunities in their area of work
AFIAS provides the subscribing NGOs with the most comprehensive and current information available on appropriate external funding opportunities to both deliver its services and to develop its business. In particular this information will concentrate on national and international government aid opportunities as well as local and regional support. In addition, wherever possible, we will inform the subscribing NGOs of private sponsorship opportunities.
In particular we will work with the subscribing NGOs to:
- Identify the organization’s funding priorities over a 12 month period
- Identify all appropriate funding opportunities to achieve the agreed objectives
- Introduce to the subscribing NGOs key partners necessary for successful project submissions
- Complete the development and submission of 2 funding proposalseach year on the subscribing NGOs’ behalf
- Regularly inform the subscribing NGOs of new and appropriate funding opportunities
- Provide investment information to all walk-in and online potential investors
- Attract potential investors through profiling of investment opportunities
- Arranging itinerary for Investors.
- Linking both local and Foreign investors
- Promote investment opportunities to the Ugandans in the Diaspora
- Organize regional investment promotion conferences
- Advising investors on free land acquisition on government industrial parks.
- Investment licensing where we mainly focus on processing applications for an Investment license from Uganda Investment Authority